NCE established a special setting for women entrepreneurs and for women who are already involved in exports to encourage and motivate them with a long term vision to achieve sustainable economic growth and the achievement of development goals through active participation of women in business. In this regard, NCE is intended establishing this special Wing – “NCE Women’s Wing” dedicated to Women Owned/Women Led businesses with the intention of contributing to the National Economy through empowerment of women entrepreneurs and exporters.
Under this wing, the NCE intends to provide a series of services for women who engage in business globally. This includes market information, facilitating the provision of resources and advice to build a sustainable international business. It will also assist Women Exporters to promote their businesses by developing their business profiles, conducting workshops, e-training courses, mentoring sessions to improve their skills and assistance to find business partners through participation in Trade Fairs ad Business-to-Business (B2B meetings)
- Empower women entrepreneurs and exporters
- Encourage more women to participate in Business and International Trade
- Contribute towards the government’s initiative to increase the women participation in business and legislative framework.
- Achieve sustainable economic growth through women participation in business/exports
- Contribute towards improving the socioeconomic life of society
- Create more employment opportunities for women
- Networking opportunities with other women led enterprises both local and international.
- Represent issues faced by Women owned enterprises at various forums related to international trade.
- Creating training and learning opportunities for potential Women Exporters.
- Introduce a special award category for women owned businesses in the NCE Annual Export Awards.
- Linking up any other potential agencies/associations for mutually beneficial programs
National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka.
Email:- firstname.lastname@example.org /email@example.com
The official Womens’ Wing of the Chamber was ceremoniously launched on 25th July 2018 at the Galle Face Hotel, Colombo by Mrs Ramya Weerakoon, Assistant Vice President of the Chamber during the Forum on “Women to the FORE in Exports”
NCE Appoints the First Lady President
The Chamber appointed Mrs Ramya Weerakoon as the first lady President of the Chamber at the 24th Annual General Meeting held on 17th January 2019 at Hotel Galadari amidst a gathering of 200 member participants.
Mrs Ramya Weerakoon is a leading Exporter in the Apparel Sector and she is the Chairperson of Ramya Holdings, the parent company of Trendywear (Pvt.) Ltd., Ramya Horticulture (Pvt.) Ltd, Ecorich Pvt. Ltd, Aditi Infinity (Pvt.) Ltd and Amari Class Garden Solutions.
NCE plans to spearhead many projects for the advancement of the women entrepreneurs of the country under NCE Women’s’ Wing with the guidance and the leadership of the newly elected President during year 2019.
Amongst many such programs, a networking session with the founders of the renowned export houses lead by women entrepreneurs will be the highlighted event of the year.