NCE Awareness Seminar for Exporters Regarding Agricultural Products available in the Northern and Eastern Provinces
The National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka (NCE) has collaborated with the International Labour Organization (ILO), with a view to establish business linkages with Agricultural Producers in the Northern and Eastern Provinces in Sri Lanka.
The objective of the project is to promote inclusive economic development among the people in the Northern and the Eastern Provinces, creating decent employment opportunities, and long-term sustainable livelihoods. It recognizes the important role of the private sector, and especially the export sector to achieve these objectives.
For this purpose, during the last four years, the NCE has led business delegations to the Northern and Eastern Provinces, and has successfully linked exporters with Producers through mutually benefitting programmes.
This Seminar will provide valuable information related to the following:
- Available produce in the Northern Province: By the Mr. Nihal Devagiri – Head of the ILO EGLR Project
- Specifically related to Fresh fruits, Vegetables, Ground Nuts, Fresh and Processed Food, Marine Products, Handicraft Products, Coconut products and Organic products
- Overview of the Linkages already established between Exporters and Northern producers by Mr. Shiham Marikar Secretary General of NCE
- Elements of available Norwegian Funding presented by the Norwegian Ambassador Hon. Thorbjorn Gaustadsaether
- Fair Trade Certification for Exporters : Presented by Mr. Sumedha Karunathilake, Principal of Fair Trade Sri Lanka.
- SME Expo Credit scheme of the Hatton National Bank: By Officials of HNB
Venue: Kingsbury Hotel (Winchester lower lobby)
Date: Wednesday 29th November 2017
Time: 9.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
Investment: Rs. 1450/= (+ Taxes)
Limited Seats available on a first come first served basis.
Kindly send your email confirmation to email@example.com with the name and contact of the participants.