PUBLICATION OF THE “SRI LANKA EXPORTER” MAGAZINE
- It is a quarterly Magazine of the NCE.
- It is of a very high standard in quality and content.
- It carries valuable articles of current interest to Exporters, trade information, export statistics, export market trends, export performance indicators etc.
- Articles are contributed by professional and eminent writers.
- Members receive complementary copies.
- It is distributed to all trade points in Sri Lanka and overseas markets and to leading corporate clients.
- The annual subscriptions for local subscribers is currently Rs. 1,800/- + Taxes (VAT & NBT) for 04 quarterly issues. For overseas subscribers it is USD 35 inclusive of postage via email.
- Annual subscribers are entitled to a free write-up re: their company in one quarterly issue Advertising opportunity in the magazine
ISSUE OF CERTIFICATES OF ORIGIN AND RELATED EXPORT DOCUMENTS
- The NCE is a designated Chamber by State authorities to issue Certificates of Origin (COs) and related documents to Sri Lankan Exporters.
- Certificates are issued to both member and non-member exporters.
- Members are entitled to a concessionary service charge.
- Certificates are issued both manually, and also online for the convenience of exporters who obtain a number of COs at a time.
- Certificates are issued speedily and efficiently.
- Details and application forms could be downloaded from the website www.nce.lk or obtained from the Secretariat of the Chamber.
RECOGNITION OF EXPORT PERFORMANCE
- The Annual NCE Export Awards, serve to recognize and reward export performance of Sri Lankan Exporters of goods and services, and service providers to exporters.
- Award winners are selected by an expert professional panel of Judges.
- It is open for both member and non-member exporters in Sri Lanka.
- Member exporters are entitled to a lower entry fee.
- Achievements under the awards scheme could be used by exporters in promotional material to attract overseas buyers.
- It is the most prestigious event in the Sri Lankan business calendar.
- Details and application forms could be downloaded from the Chamber website: nce.lk or obtained from the Secretariat of the Chamber.
DISSEMINATION OF TRADE INQUIRIES AND TRADE LEADS
- Trade inquiries and trade leads received from Sri Lankan missions overseas, foreign trade chambers, and other trade organizations are disseminated to members.
- Specific trade inquiries are provided exclusively to members in the relevant sectors.
CONDUCT OF TRAINING PROGRAMMES AND WORKSHOPS
- Conducts Training Programmes on export related subjects for the benefit of members.
- Some programmes and workshops are open to non-members.
- The Chamber has collaborative arrangements with several organizations to support this service.
- Members are entitled to concessionary participation fees.
PARTICIPATION IN TRADE FAIRS, EXHIBITIONS, TRADE DELEGATIONS ETC.
- Participates in overseas and local Trade fairs & Trade Exhibitions.
- Organizes contact promotion programmes and trade delegations, as well as inward buying missions.
- Overseas events are organized with the assistance of Sri Lankan missions, and foreign trade Chambers.
- Attractive packages are provided to members.
ISSUE OF SPECIALIZED CERTIFICATES
- The NCE issues specialized certificates such as ISO 22000, HACCP, ISO 9001, SA8000, ISO 14000, OHSAS 18001, GMP etc. to exporters through IndExpo Certification Ltd., under a UNIDO supported project.
- Certificates issued by IndExpo has international recognition as per accreditation of the Sri Lanka Accreditation Board (SLAB).
- IndExpo also offers training in the field of certification.
- Certification costs of IndExpo are much less than those of other certification bodies as it is a non-profit service entity.
- IndExpo also provides conformity marks under the ‘Crowns for Food Hygene Scheme” to enterprises in the food, tourism, hotel, and restaurant sectors, and to other local food outlets, for display, to attract customers.
- IndExpo is the only registered training center in Sri Lanka for the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) of the UK to deliver internationally recognized training programmes.
ASSISTANCE FOR INNOVATION & TECHNO ENTREPRENEURSHIP
- The NCE supports efforts of member companies to “innovate” in collaboration with the National Science Foundation (NSF).
- Members could access the Technical Assistance Fund of the NSF for activities related to Innovation.
- This service enables the development and expansion of Hi-tech value added exports.
ASSISTANCE FOR CLEANER PRODUCTION AND WASTE CONTROL
- The NCE supports cleaner production, and waste control efforts of member companies, through collaboration with the UNIDO supported National Cleaner Production Centre (NCPC).
ACCESS TO SERVICES OF OVERSEAS TRADE REPRESENTATIVES
- The NCE provides Trade Promotion Services to member exporters through Trade Representatives (TRs) in overseas markets.
- Currently there are TRs in the UAE, Australia, South Africa, Saudi Arabia, Canada, and the USA.
- This service is provided for a fee, which is negotiable with the particular trade representative.
- The website of the Chamber nce.lk is ranked high in international search engines such as Google.
- It provides free listing for member companies.
- Facilities are also provided for members to advertise and promote their products and services in overseas markets.
- An ‘Ask the Expert’ window is provided in the website for members to post queries & receive answers on export related issues.
- A login facility is provided to enable members to access country specific up to date market information, market intelligence reports, and buyer leads in EU countries.
- The Chamber Organizes Sectoral meetings for members under the leadership of the Sectoral Heads in the Council of the Chamber.
- These meetings are used to prepare strategic plans for the sectors, and to highlight policy and operational issues which need resolution.
REPRESENTATION OF MACRO AND INDIVIDUAL ISSUES
- Represents and supports individual as well as macro issues faced by members, at the relevant State Institutions and forums, with a view to resolving them.
SUPPORT SERVICES FOR TRADE ASSOCIATIONS
- Provides support services to Trade Associations.
FACILITIES TO BROWSE EXPORT RELATED PUBLICATIONS
Facilities are provided for members to browse a collection of Trade Directories, Books, and Publications received from International Trade Organizations.
- Provides Auditorium Facilities to members as well as non-members to conduct meetings, workshops and training programs.
- Accommodation is limited to 35 participants.
DISTRIBUTION OF MEMBER DIRECTORY
- Soft copies of the Directory are provided on a complimentary basis to all members.
- It is distributed to Sri Lankan missions overseas, and to other important overseas trade points.
- It is also available for sale.
- It creates awareness regarding the products and services offered by member companies, and their contact details.
DISSEMINATION OF MARKET INFORMATION, TRADE STATISTICS AND BUYER INFORMATION
- Obtains for members on request market information, trade statistics, and buyer information from the overseas network of trade points of the Chamber.
- Provides Advisory services to members