PLASTIPAK is a well-established company which specializes in the area of manufacture of Woven Polypropylene Products (WPP) in Sri Lanka. It was established in 1993 as a BOI approved company and located in Seeduwa. The Company is equipped with a modern manufacturing plant and employs more than 600 people.
99% of the products manufactured are exported to number of countries all over the world such as Australia, New Zealand, Netherland, France, Spain, U.K., USA & India … etc. More than 45 million Bags are manufactured and distributed all over the world annually by the Company. Plastipak has global partnerships with Pope Packaging. In Australia, Fulton Pacific. In the U.S.A. and with a Textile Bag & Sack Company in New Zealand.
Plastipak is a ISO 9001:2015 certified company by the Sri Lanka Standards Institution (SLSI) in respect of its Quality Management System.
The product range offered by PLASTIPAK includes the following.
- Leno Mesh Bags
- Bulk Bags (FIBC)
- Technical Fabrics
- Geotextile Bags
- Woven Sacks
Visit http://www.plastipakgroup.com/ for more details of the products
The competitive advantage of Plastipak is driven by the following factors.
- As a Cost Effective Solution for the customer – the company has a vast range of packaging solutions that helps in packing products at competitive prices, increasing sales, & improving customer brand.
- As a Stable Partner – The Company sustains a well-established name in the industry by serving customers in Asia, Australia, Europe, New Zealand, and also in the American Market.
- The Team Spirit – The Company has a dedicated team of experts to work on providing packaging solutions.
- Innovative Inclusions – The Company is continuously engaged in innovations to stimulate new ideas in offering great packaging solutions.
Key Achievements of the company during the last five years.
- Continuous remarkable growth recorded related to financial measures such as Profitability, and Earnings per Share during the last few years.
- The acquisition of Plastipak Industrial Textiles (Pvt) Limited of Plastipak Lanka Limited in the year 2017, which is also engaged in similar business will result in definite advantages for future operations.
- The Company was able to become an ISO 9001:2015 certified company in the year 2017, to add value to the products of Plastipak over the competition.
- The Company won Bronze award at the NCE export awards 2017 in the Garments sector – Large Category.
- The Company has made substantial investments related to the health and safety of employees, for sustainable development.