Winning an Export Award enhances the Visibility of an export enterprise in overseas markets, and enables attraction of new customers
NCE Awards 2019 Guidelines
NCE Awards 2019 Application
27th Annual NCE Export Awards 2019 - Press Conference
Await Further Details
27th Annual NCE Export Awards 2019 Ceremony
20th September 2019 at the Shangri-La Colombo
- Any registered business organization in Sri Lanka which has been in exports or support services for a minimum of two years prior to the date of
- enterprises which are not separate legal entities (Sole Proprietorships, Partnerships, Private Limited Liability Companies, and Public Limited or Listed Companies etc.) in respect of the same Product or Service category). of organizations (Units, Divisions, Estates, Factories etc.) are not eligible.
- Holding Companies could apply by providing audited consolidated accounts detailing Total turnover and Export turnover separately
- Documentary evidence should be provided, certified by the auditors, to substantiate consolidation of performance related only to the same product or service category.
- Separate applications are not allowed by a group company or holding company and their separate entities, which they consolidate, in respect of the same product or service category. However, separate applications are allowed in the case of different products or services between the group or holding company, and their separate entities.
- “The Most Outstanding Exporter” – Award winner for two consecutive years, is not eligible to apply for the third consecutive.
Applicants are eligible to apply under the following four main sectors
- Export of Products
- Export of Business & Professional Services
- Suppliers / Service Providers to Exporters
- Import Substitution Products and Services.
02. Period of Performance Evaluation and Documents Required
- 2.1. The financial year 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019 or the Calendar Year 1stJanuary 2018 to 31st December 2018.
- 2.2. Draft Accounts (signed by the CEO or MD of the enterprise) or Audited Accounts for the corresponding period of performance.
- 2.3. Audited Accounts for the Previous (Year1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 or the Calendar Year 1stJanuary 2017 to 31st December 2017)
03. Categorization of Applicants
- Extra Large – Annual Export turnover (Export Value ) more than Rs: 1.5 Bn
- Large – Annual Export turnover (Export Value ) more than Rs: 500 Mn upto 5Bn
- Medium – Annual Export turnover (Export Value ) from Rs: 100 Mn upto 500 Mn
- Small – Annual Export turnover (Export Value ) less than Rs: 100 Mn
Same turnover limits will apply for the Business & Professional Services Exports Sector as well as Suppliers / Service Providers to Exporters Sector.
Textiles and Garments sector
Men’s & Women’s wear, Fashion Garments, Embroidery, and related products such as threads and buttons etc.
Tea & Tea Products sector Bulk & Value Added Teas such as Ready to Drink (RTD) Teas, Tea Extracts, Organic Teas, Herbal Teas etc.
Rubber & Rubber Products sector Crepe Rubber – RSS Grades, Technically Specified Rubber (TSR), Industrial & Surgical gloves, , Latex Rubber Products etc.,
Rubber Tires and Accessories Sector Pneumatic and Solid Rubber tires, Tubes Etc.
Coconut & Coconut Products sector Fresh Coconuts, Kernel Products such as Desiccated Coconut (DC), Coconut Cream, and Coconut Milk Powder; Non – Kernel products such as fiber based products, Activated Carbon etc.
Fisheries & Fishery Products sector Fresh fish such as Tuna, Prawns, Shrimps, Crabs, Lobsters, Sea Cucumbers etc. Processed and canned fishery products, etc.
Ornamental Fish Sector Fresh Water, and Marine ornamental fish
Fresh Food Products sector Fresh Fruits & Vegetables, and other perishables.
Processed Food Products sector Dehydrated & Canned Food Products etc.
Fresh & Processed Agricultural Export Crops sector Herbal Medical crops and processed products, and other agricultural crops.
Floriculture & Horticulture Products Sector Fresh Flowers. Plants, Leaves, etc.
Spices and Spice based Products Spices & Spice based Products such as Spice mixtures and powders, Essential Oils & Oleo Resins, Condiments, and Perfumery Products
Gems & Jewellery sector Precious & Semi Precious stones (Rough & Cut), Cut & Polished Diamonds, Jewellery, including Costume Jewellery, etc.
Poultry & Livestock products sector Broilers, Eggs, Processed Meat Products such as Sausages, Animal feeds, etc.
Ceramic and Porcelain Products Sector Ceramic & Porcelain products, , Floor & Wall Tiles, ornamental Ceramics etc.
Other Mineral based products sector Glass and Glass Products, Mineral sands, Graphite & Graphite based products, Mica and Mica based products, Granite Products, Salt and Salt Based Products, Mineral Fertilizers etc.
Chemical products sector Paints & Varnishes, Emulsions, Resins, Petroleum based products such as Lubricants, etc.
Plastics and Plastic Products sector Plastics and plastic Products.
Wood & Wood based products sector Furniture, Wood Flooring and paneling, etc.
Toy Products Sector Wooden Toys, rubber toys, soft toys etc.
Leather & Leather based products sector Tanned Leather, Leather Garments, Leather Gloves, Leather Bags, Shoes etc.
Confectionary and Beverage Products sector Biscuits, Chocolates, Fruit Drinks, Mineral Waters etc.
Alcoholic and Tobacco Products sector Beers, and other Alcoholic Beverages, Tobacco and Tobacco products etc.
Electronic & Electrical Products sector Electronic Components & Products, Electrical Transformers, & Cables etc.
Boat & Ship Building, and Repair services sector Boat Building, Ship Building, Ship Repairs & Services etc.
Information & Communication Technology (ICT), Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) sector & related services Computer Hardware & Software products, ICT & BPO related services etc.
Handicrafts & Handloom Products sector All Hand crafted Products and Handloom Products,
Paper & Paper based Products sector Stationery products, Printed material, Hard Board, Waste Paper Products etc.
Packaging Products sector Corrugated Cartons and Boxes, Sacks & Bags, Plastic Crates, all types of Labels etc.
Machinery & Light Engineering Products sector Tea Machinery & Other Machinery, Screws, Nuts & Bolts, Automotive components, other Metallic Components & Products etc.
Recycled Products Sector Recycled products of Paper, Textiles, Electronic items, Foods Etc.
Business & Professional Services Exports sector Accountancy Services, Employment Agency Services, Engineering and Hydrology Services, Construction and Related Services, Legal Services, Educational Services, Medical Services, Entreport Trade Services, Bunkering and Ship Chandelling services, Other Port Services, offshore business activities, and Investments etc.
Suppliers to Exporters sector. Suppliers of raw materials, Finished and Semi Finished Products, components to exporters.
Service Providers to Exporters sector. Insurance Services, Courier Services, Financial Services, Testing, Certification and Laboratory Services etc.
Logistic Services Sector Freight Forwarding, and other logistical services
Tourism & Tourism related services sector. Hotel & Hospitality Services, Tour Operators & Travel Agencies etc., Provision of Products & Services to Tourists Earning Foreign Exchange (Including Wellness Tourism), Supplies of Tourism related Products and Services to Hotels etc.
Import Substitution sector Any product or service which is a substitute for imports that saves quantifiable Foreign Exchange.
Applications are evaluated under the following main criteria:
- Export Performance – (Total Value of Exports, Overall Export Growth, Regular Nature of markets)
- Market/ Product Development – (New Markets / Products, Product Diversification, Market Diversification)
- Value Addition – (Net Value Addition, Process of Value Addition)
- Financial Performance (Earnings, Return on Investment, Effective Asset & Fund Management, Statutory Compliances)
- Effective Management Efforts – (Productivity, Export Capacity expansion,and Sustainability, Trade Promotions, Significant Achievements related to the Company and Country)
- Implementation of Quality Management / Environment Protection Systems. Resource Efficient Cleaner Production & Waste Management, Efficient Energy Management etc.
- Branding – (Brand Strategy and Brand Promotion related to brands registered in Sri Lanka)
- Innovation – (Nature of the Product/s, Process, or Market Innovations and beneficial results)
- Research and Development Activities
- Ethical Business Practices, Good Governance
Involvement of Ernst & Young as the Strategic Partner of the NCE export Awards
Applications will be evaluated based on the following three stages detailed below.
- First Stage
Applications will be evaluated by a Technical Panel and preliminary marks allocated (inputs will be provided to the Technical Panel by a Multinational Audit Firm based on a check list to ensure conformity to criteria).
- Second Stage
The Panel of judges will carry out a further evaluation, short list the applicants, call them for an interview to obtain further clarifications, and carry out factory visits if considered necessary.
- Third Stage
The panel of judges will make the final selection of award recipients after a careful review of all preliminary evaluation reports, the outcome of interviews, and factory visits.
The following awards will be given away based on the criteria outlined.
Most Outstanding Exporter – Overall
Most Outstanding Exporter – Overall – Runner up
Best Value Added Exporter – Products Sector
Best Value Added Exporter – Services Sector
Best Woman Exporter
Most Outstanding SME Exporter
Best Performing Exporter in Emerging Markets
Most Innovative Exporter/s
Best Performer in Research and Development Activities.
Recognition of Disabled persons by export oriented enterprises
Story Behind the trophy
Unveils the restructured Awards Ceremony with innovative special awards, and the re-designed attractive trophy
Story Behind the Trophy The newly designed trophy introduced last year is based on the ideas and concepts given to a designer and to manufacturer to meet the requirements of the Chamber. The
Chamber is the exclusive owner of the concept and the new design.
The Trophy is of cylindrical shape with a Globe carrying the World Map at its apex. The Globe depicts the International nature of export markets covering the entire world. In addition, the concept has the nature of a light house depicting a beacon showing the path ahead for Sri Lankan Exports which is so vital for the economy.
The Three metal plated arrows round the Globe originating from its bottom, increasing in thickness and pointing upwards depicts growth in exports related to International Markets. The three arrows also depict the triple bottom line in respect of exports comprising Profits People and the Planet, which is a modern concept for the overall sustainability of an organization. The Black colour of the trophy depicts Authority and Power in relation to colour psychology, which is reminiscent of the real nature of exports.
NCE Export Awards 2018 – Testimonials
Our Supportive Partners – 26th Annual NCE Export Awards
NCE EXPORT AWARDS – AWARD WINNING LOGO
One of the main benefits as an Award Winner is the opportunity accorded to you to use the information related to your success in winning the Award in all Publicity and Marketing material of the Enterprise both locally and overseas to attract prospective buyers, as well as to enhance the image of the Enterprise with all stakeholders, to expand business, and particularly exports, to increase profitability.