The National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka (NCE) is the only private sector Chamber which exclusively serves Sri Lankan Exporters. At present the Chamber has around 500 member companies of which 90% are Exporters across all products and most services sectors, and the balance is Service Providers to Exporters. The Main Aim of the chamber is to provide support services required by Sri Lankan exporters to enhance exports. Recognition of the Chamber among the exporter community has grown over the years as the “Voice of the Exporter”, due to its achievements. Today its membership includes some of the leading Export Houses in Sri Lanka.
The Mission of the Chamber
To Create a dynamic Export Sector that will help Sri Lanka meet its Socio-Economic challenges with emphasis on employment generation, and foreign exchange earnings in achieving total Economic Independence.
NCE Main objectives
- To promote and protect trade, commerce, and industries of Member Exporters of Sri Lanka.
- Serves as a Forum to discuss export related subjects, and make policy recommendations to state policy making authorities.
- Make representations to the relevant state authorities regarding operational issues of member exporters in particular, and the exporter community in general.
- Assist direct and indirect exporters to become internationally competitive.
- To promote cooperation among members of the Chamber for their common good.
- To complement the efforts and programmes of the Government, and the relevant state Organizations, to accelerate the development of the Export sector as a priority to achieve National Economic Development targets.