The show will present the largest event of Africa that concentrates on the food and beverage industry along with promoting the retail sector to help the professionals to get various scopes for their development.
Hong Kong has a strong track record as a sourcing hub for houseware products. The city exported a total of US$28.4 billion worth of household goods in 2012. The HKTDC Hong Kong Houseware Fair capitalises on this reputation and is the largest fair of its kind in Asia, serving as a launching pad for the latest products and collections. The 2013 edition played host to over 2,000 exhibitors from 34 countries and
region, while over 27,000 buyers from 127 countries and regions attended the event.
He holds a Master’s degree in Engineering from the Astrakhan Technical University in Russia, a Masters degree in Business Administration from the Post Graduate Institute of Management of the University of Sri Jayawardenepura (PIM), and reading for his Doctorate in Business Administration at the same university (PIM).
He is a fellow of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka, a Founder Fellow of the Institute of Certified Professional Managers, Sri Lanka and a Member of the Institute of Marine Engineers, Scientists and Technologists, (IMarEST), UK and is recognized as a professional engineer and as a professional manager with over 30-years of experience in the industry.
He is the rrecipient of following prestigious National awards/recognition.
- Platinum Honours Achievers Award – Awarded in 2010 in recognition of professional excellence in the field of Management, by the Alumni of the Postgraduate Institute of Management, University of Sri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- Global Commerce Excellence Award – Awarded in 2011 in recognition of supporting the Sri Lankan economy during the period of 1985 to 2009 by the Airport & Aviation Services Authority of Sri Lanka, Sri Lanka Ports Authority, Board of Investment of Sri Lanka and the Shippers Academy of Sri Lanka in association with the Central Bank of Sri Lanka.
- Engineering Excellence Award – Awarded in 2013 in the discipline of Marine Engineering for the outstanding achievements in transforming the company in to a world class shipbuilder and repairer and the attendant prestige, transfer of technologies and earning of foreign exchange to the country, conferred by the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL).
Under his leadership, Colombo Dockyard PLC has won many national awards such as the National Business Excellence Award, The Most Outstanding Exporter, the Business Today Top Twenty Corporate Award ij consecutive years and the Company was recognized and listed as a Best Under a Billion by Forbes Asia in xxxx.
He also serves in many other national institutions sharing his knowledge and wide knowledge and experience.
- Member of the Board of Directors of IESL College of Engineering
- Co-Chairman of the National Council on Advanced Design and Manufacturing; an initiative of Coordinating Secretariat for Science, Technology and Innovation, towards the implementation of the Science Technology and Innovation (STI) Strategy of Sri Lanka to transform the national economy to a middle income level ranking through innovation led knowledge economy.
- Member, Standing Committee of the University Grants Commission (UGC) of Sri Lanka for Postgraduate Studies and Research.
- Member, Board of Governors of the University of Vocational Training and Technical Education (UNIVOTEC), Sri Lanka.
- Member, Governing Council of the proposed Ocean University (currently NIFNE), Sri Lanka.
- Member, Registration Board of the Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL).
- Member, Advisory Committees of the Export Development Board for Boat & Ship Building and Export of Professional Services.
- An Ambassador & a Member of the Executive Committee of the Mother Sri Lanka Trust an entity dedicated to be a catalyst to generate “Good Citizenry” behaviour patterns among Sri Lankans through Spiritual, Educational, Socio-Economical and Cultural development by using the path of patriotism and positive thinking about the Motherland.
- Vice President and Member of the Board of So Other May See Inc. (SOMS), a non-profit organisation dedicated towards eliminating avoidable blindness of the world.
His outstanding academic and professional qualifications together with his proven managerial skills and wide global experience have made him a unique personality in the corporate world.
National Chamber of Exporters of Sri Lanka
The NCE is the only private sector Chamber which exclusively serves Sri Lankan Exporters and is the ‘Voice of the Exporter’. Incorporated in 1994 The Chamber has a membership of over 450 export oriented companies covering all products & most services sectors, as well as service providers to exporters . The Chamber has continued to serve its members with commitment and dedication. The Council of the Chamber which includes Sector Heads of Product Sectors is the policy making body of the Chamber. A Management Committee which includes office bearers supervises the operational aspects of the Chamber.
Our Mission -To Create a dynamic Export Sector that will help Sri Lanka meet its Socio-Economic challenges with emphasis on employment generation and foreign exchange earning in achieving total Economic Independence